Sunday, June 22, 2014

Camping in a lake

Set up camp in Ft. Morgan municipal  park, and went for a delicious swim in the city pool nearby. Just finishing nice supper when huge storm hit. Scrambled to put away gear, dishes, etc that were. Blowing all over. Climbed in my tent while rain and hail  pelted my little tent. Then I noticed that the bottom of the tent was like a water bed, and moved everything into big plastic bags I carry for such occasions. Next thing I knew, 4 marchers were trying to pick up my tent and move it under the picnic shelter, not realizing I was still in it. 

What a circus!  Now the storm has passed and folks have gotten settled for the night. Mostly kinda dry. Sorta. 19.5 mi to wK tomorrow, so have to get up at 4:45 to prep breakfast. What an experience. Wouldn't be anywhere else. 
Love to all, Miriam 

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: Liz Lafferty <lizzilaff@gmail.com>
Date: June 22, 2014 at 8:09:45 PM MDT
To: Miriam Kashia <mkashia43@yahoo.com>
Subject: Camping in a lake

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.
                        Martin Luther King Jr

No comments:

Post a Comment